Before any rescue course: we have to know first and second aid!
Here we’re going to discuss a course that is quite valuable both for divers and non-divers. You could save lives. This course is independent, and it is a mandatory pre-requisite to do any rescue course. It would be the third course you could do in your career as a diver.
There are no pre-requisites as a diver and there is no minimum age for the PADI EFR course, although the minimum age is 12 for SSI’s React Right course.
The course lasts between a half day and a day, and it costs approximately 100 euros.
The course is divided into two groups:
- Assessing risk situations: stop, think and act.
- Using barriers to prevent contagions.
- Primary assessment of victims.
- Providing rescue breathing.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Managing bleeding injuries.
- Managing a state of shock.
- Managing spinal cord injuries.
- Assessing injuries.
- Assessing illnesses.
- Correct use of bandages.
- Splinting fractures.
- Recovery of drowning victims
- Using external electronic defibrillators
- Use of 100% oxygen for patients.
All these techniques will be valid for two years, and they have to be practiced once in a while to not forget them. After those two years, you should take a refresher course if you want to be fully ready to apply all these procedures.
Want to save lives and make a difference? This course is for you! And want to take the water rescue course, right? Dive safely, know your own abilities and, above all, have fun.
Did you find this information useful or interesting?
Share it on social networks to help others!